Samsung Galaxy A70 is being marketed as a multimedia powerhouse that can also deliver good photography results with its triple rear cameras and offer a smooth performance. The Samsung phone packs a beautiful 6.7-inch full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED display which is vibrant, has good viewing angles and great sunlight legibility, making it a great choice for watching videos and playing games.
The phone runs Samsung’s One UI based on Android Pie which has a modern design and comes with a host of useful features such as an always-on display mode and ‘Face Widgets’ to name a few. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 675 processor paired with 6GB of RAM. The Galaxy A70 handles day-to-day tasks and gaming with ease, and the phone also does not heat up during intensive tasks. The Galaxy A70 also comes with Dolby Atmos support, but the in-display fingerprint sensor is a little slow at recognition.
The triple rear cameras help the Galaxy A70 capture crisp photos with good edge details and decent dynamic range. However, the camera struggles to reproduce true colours under harsh daylight and there is also some softening at the periphery. But the phone lacks EIS and OIS support, but the slow-mo videos turned out very smooth. The Galaxy A70 packs a 4,500mAh battery which easily lasts through a full day of heavy usage, while the bundled Super Fast Charging adapter takes the battery from 0-100 in less than two hours.
Key Features of Samsung Galaxy A70
- Body: 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm, 3D Glasstic back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.7″ Super AMOLED, 1080x2400px resolution, 393 ppi.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675 chipset: octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver); Adreno 612 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage; microSD slot
- OS: Android 9 Pie; Samsung One UI
- Main camera: Primary: 32MP, f/1.7, PDAF; Secondary: 8MP, f/2.2, 12mm ultra-wide, fixed focus; Depth camera: 5MP f/2.2; LED flash; 1080p@30 video recording.
- Selfie camera: 32MP f/2.0, 1080p video
- Battery: 4,500mAh; 25W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.12 (600Mbps) download / Cat.6 upload (50Mbps), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, USB-C 2.0.
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader, down-firing loudspeaker, 3.5mm audio port